This book has been completely revised and updated. It includes more basic practice on telling the time.
What is Perform with Time?
Being confident about dealing with time is one of the most useful maths based life skills. Perform with Time is a structured coaching book which covers all aspects of dealing with Time. It allows anyone to develop their ability to work with time, as Perform with Time is essentially about giving students the skills to deal with time in everyday situations.
- Practical solutions
- Essential maths based life skills
- Working with time
Does it work?
Perform with Time covers everything needed to be able to deal with time, works on the same highly structured and successful approach as the other ‘Power of 2‘ books. A major part of its success is that it gradually builds up skills and knowledge, and it therefore has a huge impact on confidence and belief.
- Huge success of the Perform with Time is due to the immense sense of achievement that a person gets when working through the book.
- Gradually builds up skills and knowledge
- Based on the same highly structured approach of the other ‘Power of 2’ books
Who is it suitable for?
Perform with Time can be used as a standalone coaching book, or as a book to follow on from Power of 2, but has also been used successfully alongside Power of 2. It is suitable for students from approximately the age of 8, right the way up to basic adult numeracy. Dyslexic students benefit from the clear language and repetition, and those with dyscalculia benefit from the highly structured approach and clear explanations.
Age range – from 8 to basic adult numeracy
Special needs – Dyslexia, Dyscalculia
Can be used as a stand alone or in conjunction / following on from Power of 2.
What topics does the book cover?
Perform with Time is a comprehensive teaching manual for Time which begins by teaching telling the time in many different formats. It looks at both 12 and 24 hour clocks, reading digital and analogue time, working out how long events last, and also includes a section on world time. Seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years are also covered in detail.
- Time in many differing formats
- 12 and 24 hour clock
- Digital and Analogue time
- How long events last
How is the book used?
Full instructions and example pages are included in each book, but essentially Power of Time requires that each question is answered correctly on three consecutive occasions on different days. When a question is answered correctly a tick should be placed on the line, a question answered incorrectly is marked with a dot. On each page of the book there is space for working out solutions, but students should be encouraged to carry out the calculations in this book without using pen and paper. It is not intended that certain pages should be used in isolation. Perform with Time has been found to work best when it is used 4 or 5 times a week, with each session lasting for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repetition through each question is being answered correctly on three different occasions
- Questions to be answered on different days
- Achievements through tangible success
- Students encouraged to do calculations mentally
Is there a best way to use the book?
Effectively no; the book is designed to deal with real life situations. There are lots of different ways the ‘Power of 2‘ books are used. Here are a few:
- Parents work through the books with their child at home
- Schools have used the books as part of buddy-schemes or peer-coaching projects
- The books are used at school and delivered by teaching assistants or volunteers.
- Prep schools use our books to boost learning for all their pupils.
- … And, of course, combinations of the above.
[CODE: POT-1229; 110 pages]
[Author: David J. Sharp]
[Age Suitability: All]