The Maths Box
To request your free sample please email your details to [email protected]
The Maths Box series is a set of six boxes of cards, one for each class from
First to Sixth.
This series has been written to support the teaching and learning of
mathematical skills and concepts.
Each box covers the strands of Number, Algebra, Shape and Space, Measures, and
Data. Some of the larger strands (for example, Number and Measures) are divided
into strand units.
A variety of motivating activities, supported by colourful artwork and
photographs, encourages pupils to engage in independent work and to further
practise and consolidate the mathematical concepts taught in class.
Separate answer cards allow pupils to work independently, at their own pace,
whilst keeping a record for their own and teacher reference.
Each box contains:
* 75 high-interest, brightly-coloured laminated cards (2 of each card, 150
cards in total).
* 75 colourful answer cards.
* 1 comprehensive, photocopiable Teachers Guide.
* FREE digital version of the Teachers Guide.
The cards in each box are:
* colourful, creative and appealing to encourage pupil motivation and
* ideal for either independent use or, as the cards are supplied in pairs,
small group and paired work;
* written to ensure pupils can practise the skills, concepts and knowledge
required by the maths curriculum;
* designed to encourage the pupil to apply their knowledge of mathematical
concepts to a variety of high-interest activities and real-life maths;
* suitable for all levels, with additional activities to challenge the more
* a must-have resource to creatively support the teacher’s maths programme of
The Maths Box series has a comprehensive, photocopiableTeachers Guide to
accompany each box.
Each Teachers Guide contains:
* a scope-and-sequence chart, detailing the curriculum objective(s) covered
by each card;
* information on how to use and organise the box in the classroom;
* an explanation of the different parts of the activity and answer cards;
* answer recording sheets for pupils;
* tracking and recording sheets for pupils and teachers, to aid assessment;
* a list of materials and equipment needed for each card;
* full-colour posters to aid teaching of card content and strategies, and/or
* photocopiable activity sheets to support, practise and extend the card
* a full-colour copy of each answer card; and
* a comprehensive glossary