Supporting Speech, Language and Communication Needs: Working with Students Aged 11 to 19 by Kate Ripley & Jenny Barrett
Designed for all those who support older children and young adults with speech and language difficulties, this resource provides ideas, practical strategies and detailed information about the speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) of older students.
Included in this book are:
- clear explanations of the difficulties you might see students experiencing
- practical strategies to use when working with individuals and small groups
- advice on how to daapt the curriculum to suit students’ individual needs
- case studies illustrating common areas of difficulty
- guidance on how to plan for effective multi-disciplinary working
- advice on working with parents
- downloadable resources to use with the book, available from the SAGE website
Both authors have over 20 years of experience of delivering courses to teachers, Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators (SENCOs) and Specialist Outreach teachers.
Authors: Kate Ripley & Jenny Barrett
[CODE: SG-7619; PAGES: 144; AGE: 11-19]