Does chewing on pen caps and pencil erasers sound familiar? Then you’re in luck! Made in the USA, ARK’s Krypto-Bite® Chewable Pencil Toppers are a safe solution for kids and adults who need to chew. Chewing can be a very effective way to help calm, self-regulate, and focus, so these chewy tools are a perfect pairing for homework, note-taking, and more. As an added bonus, they also add extra weight to the pencil for increased hand awareness and to help the pencil comfortably rest in the web space between the thumb and pointer finger. The prism shape has a hollow tube on one end to conveniently fit over standard #2 pencils.
ARK’s Krypto-Bite comes in 3 colour coded toughness levels:
- Standard – recommended for mild chewers
- XT – XT stands for “Xtra Tough,” recommended for moderate chewers
- XXT – XXT stands for “Xtra Xtra Tough,” recommended for those who like the resistance of chewing on hard items
- Each topper is sold individually
- Best practice is to use with eraser-less pencils (each topper comes with its own eraser-less pencil)
- Designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA by ARK Therapeutic
- Each topper is medical grade, FDA compliant, and contains NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
- Each topper measures approximately 2.75 inches in length and .5 inch in diameter
- Colour hues may vary slightly
- Highly recommended for individuals who have Autism, sensory needs, anxiety, ADHD, etc, or for anyone of any age who needs to chew.
- Not recommended for avid / aggressive chewing. The best option for avid chewing is ARK’s Y-Chew XXT (sold separately).
Designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA by ARK Therapeutic.
Caution: This product is not a toy. Recommended for children 6-7 years and up (the age that children typically start using a standard pencil). Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Some individuals (particularly those with heavy oral needs and aggressive biting/chewing) may be able to damage the tools. How long each chew lasts depends on the amount and intensity of the chewing. Please supervise at all times and replace if necessary when the item shows signs of wear and tear.