- Your shopping cart is empty!
Spelling and Handwriting by Brendan Culligan
Availability: In Stock
Price in reward points: 200
This work argues that traditional practices are the greatest obstacles to progress in both spelling and handwriting. Despite the introduction of the Revised English Curriculum, questions still arise as to its effectiveness in both of these areas. In the absence of longitudinal research, the perception is that its impact has been negligible.
Spelling and Handwriting examines -
- the historical approaches to the teaching of spelling;
- the relationship between spelling and other language skills;
- the continuum of spelling and writing development;
- how spelling and handwriting should be assessed;
- the impact of the revised curriculum in both of these areas;
- how to manage individual spelling programmes;
- children's and parents' attitudes to spelling;
- the importance of fine motor skills.