100% comprehension using fiction and non-fiction texts.
The Comprehension Box for 3rd-4th Class contains:
- 150 colourfully illustrated cards with texts covering a variety of genres and text types.
- 15 colour-coded sections.
- Pupil Tracking Sheet Pad.
- Questions on the back of each card.
- Answer cards.
- Scope and sequence chart.
- A comprehensive Teachers Guide providing suggestions on how to explicitly teach comprehension strategies along with answers and pupil and teacher recording sheets.
Flexible use within the classroom
- Pupils could be grouped according to reading level, work on the cards in a particular colour and then discuss and summarise what they have learned with their peers.
- Capable, independent readers can work through the cards at their own pace, freeing up the teacher’s time to work intensively with different groups in the class.
- Ideal for differentiation.
- Teachers can easily assign the colour-coded cards to each pupil’s reading level.
- Ten cards in each colour-coded section ensure that pupils practise comprehension strategies using a variety of texts and comprehension activities.
- Each colour-coded section gradually increases in reading difficulty, leading to constant progression.
- Pupils working on the same coloured section can alternate cards and engage in various station activities over ten lessons.