Spelling Made Fun is a new and innovative fun, multi-sensory spelling programme developed specifically for Irish Primary schools and has been extensively reviewed by practising teachers nationwide. Workbook A is suitable for Senior Infants.
- 18 weekly units of work which include fun activities to reinforce the spellings, wordsearches, phonic activities, cloze procedure exercises, opportunities for colouring, drawing and generating their own sentences using the words in the spelling units.
- Spelling lists with practice sheets for each unit. Using the Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check technique.
- Spelling lists include words relevant to the pupil writing. CVC words, high frequency words, word families – old, -ing, -and, -ent, -ook, – all, -ill, -ive, -ike, -eep, -een.
- Self-evaluation weekly record sheets.
- Revision sheets.
- Tricky word bank to record pupils’ own personal errors.
- An overall record grid to record scores for each unit for both teachers and pupils to monitor and track progress.
- Dictation is an essential element of this programme. It is designed to accompany the Spelling Made Fun with Visual Patterns Teachers Guide Lower Level 1.