Complete Performance Pack Including:
- Piano/vocal score
- Pull-out script with expandable cast list, staging suggestions and costume ideas
- Rehearsal performances of all songs
- Performance backing tracks for all songs
- Orchestral extracts to accompany action and dance
- Printable files of complimentary activities, eg literacy and drama activities, and supporting materials for teachers
- Lyric sheets
Age range: For 7-13 years
Roald Dahl’s Snow-White and the Seven Dwarfs is a safe bet for a winning end of term performance. The expandable cast list includes starring parts for twelve players with dozens of opportunities to shine in more roles both off-stage and on. And everyone can be part of the singing chorus.
Thousands of children have taken part in school performances of this riotously funny adaptation of Roald Dahl’s irreverent twist on the traditional tale.
A recent review in Music Teacher said:
‘It is very difficult to pinpoint an aspect of performance which these musical packages do not address…(These are) completely foolproof musicals, which could be used and adapted by the most
inexperienced of directors…undoubtedly an inspired resource’.
As with every one of these great Roald Dahl musicals, Snow White is based on an orchestral commission by the Roald Dahl Foundation. The concert work, from which the schools’ musical is derived is by Eleanor Alberga, and schools can use the extracts provided from the orchestral work to enhance their performances.
Duration of performance:Approx. 25-30 minutes