Watch confidence and excitement sour with this hands-on STEM kit! In fun interactive lessons students engage with the STEM subjects as they help Ron engineer a new skateboarding ramp for his friends.
- Provides 80 – 120 minutes of STEM instruction over four 20- 30 minute lessons
- Includes a lesson-by-lesson teacher guide, step-by-step student activities, homework tasks, and assessment tools, as well as the materials needed to undertake each activity
- Involves students in the exciting world of practical STEM investigation through hands-on experimentation
- Develops key mathematical skills in counting and measuring
- Builds vocabulary with the introduction of key STEM concepts
- Introduces the use of engineering steps to solve real-world problems
In these project-based lessons students meet Ron, a skateboarding armadillo who wants to make the new ramp safe for everyone. Through fun practical exploration, slopes and surfaces are brought to life. Students are introduced to the effects of friction and gradient on motion and distance and explore the concepts of guessing (predicting) and recording data. They also learn about measurement and using graphs to problem solve as they are challenged to engineer the ramp so that Ron goes far… but not too far!
Designed for Primary Level Ages 6+
Ideal for use with the higher-level STEM in Action kits!