Looking for fun phonics games? The Phonix CVC Groupwork Set encourages pupils to practise word building and sequencing using colour-coded cubes and challenge cards.
Children guess the word from the illustration or letter grid and then form it using the Phonix letter cubes.
- Fuel your intervention sessions with excitement with this fun phonics games resource.
- Encourage pupils to explore word-building in a simple yet effective way.
- Vary your approach to phonics activities and differentiate for abilities through the use of pictorial word-building cards and alphabet sequencing cards.
What’s in the set?
30 x red vowel cubes
60 x blue consonant cubes
24 x pictorial word-building cards
24 x alphabet sequencing cards
Teacher’s notes to help with planning.
- The Phonix range will provide a tactile element to your phonics sessions. The cubes are colour coded to enable the teaching of vowels and consonants. Further colour coding defines digraphs taught in phase 3 and 5.
- A hands-on way of learning phonics This range of products is great for making sense of segmenting and blending. Using simple colour-coding, children will enjoy using the cubes and card sets to build words for themselves
- The cubes will aid the teaching of blending for reading and segmenting for spelling, as they can be manipulated to show how the separate sounds fit together.
- Additional resources are available to enhance independent learning.
- Be able to orally blend and segment CVC words.