This series of cubes develops visual discrimination of size in 3 dimensions. Exploration with this material prepares the child for mathematical concepts in the decimal system, geometry and volume.
The Pink Tower consists of ten wooden cubes painted pink, increasing increments from 1cm3 to 1000cm3.
All Nienhuis Montessori products are AMI accredited.
Age Suitability: 3 Years +
- Educates the hand to perceive differences in size, shape and weight
- Develops visual discrimination of size in three dimensions
- Indirectly prepares the child for mathematical concepts in the decimal system (10 cubes)
- Indirectly prepares the child for volume (the largest cube would hold 1 litre)
- Indiectly prepares the child for geometry (cubes of numbers 1-10)