A fun way of getting children familiar with letters, these alphabet cards each show one uppercase letter, formed using objects from nature. A lovely addition to your classroom displays, or ideal for literacy activities. Includes 26 robust A5 laminated cards. Also available in lowercase, Spring/Summer number, Autumn/Winter cards and shape versions.
Reasons to Love:
• Andy Goldsworthy style pictures show the alphabet made from natural objects in various habitats
• Hide in the outdoor area, for children to explore and find
• Encourage the children use natural materials to make their own letters – a tactile approach to learning the alphabet
• Plastic-coated cards can be used both indoors and outdoors.
• Encourages letter recognition and phonemic awareness.
• Complements a natural environment.
• Name the letters of the alphabet:
• Naming the letters of the alphabet in order
• Use letter names to distinguish between alternative spellings of the same sound
Letters and Sounds – Phase 3
• Learn an alphabet song
• Point to the letters in the alphabet while singing the alphabet song
• Display the alphabet frieze and point to the letters as the children sing the alphabet.
• Continue singing the alphabet daily and pointing to the letters until you are satisfied that all the children know the letter names.
• Pick out a few letters each day and connect the names with the sounds of the letter.