If you don't already use LEGO as part of your STEM lessons, you're missing out! Using LEGO® WeDo® 2.0 Core Set in the classroom can help to nurture a wide range of skills needed for 21st Century living. The Core Set itself includes all the parts needed for 2 pupils to create robotic models that can then be programmed.
But LEGO have thought beyond the model making part of your STEM lessons. Teachers and pupils who have the LEGO Core Set also have access to the WeDo 2.0 software. The WeDo 2.0 software is a drag-and-drop style of programming and helps pupils bring their robotic models to life. For teachers, the software takes pupils on a differentiated and stepped coding journey, saving time with planning. It provides pupils with easy-to-follow projects that intuitively build on skills learned, but stretch pupils' understanding of design, engineering, testing and programming whilst also providing a platform for science learning. The WeDo software includes learning grids and assessment tools and provides a differentiated learning environment, catering for all kinds of learners in your primary classroom – it is the ultimate STEM resource.
- Take advantage of 40 hours' worth of instructional content on the WeDo software, saving you time with planning and giving you the confidence to teach coding without needing specialist knowledge.
- Utilise a pre-planned, cross-curricular STEM scheme of work that covers life, physical, earth and space sciences.
- Provide hands-on learning that incorporates teamwork, experimentation, investigations and allows pupils to design unique solutions to real-world situations.
- Meet wide ranging curriculum goals and be safe in the knowledge you are preparing your pupils for the digital world ahead of them.
What's in the box?
1 x WeDo 2.0 Smarthub (the heart and brain of the robotic models)
280 x LEGO system building elements
1 x medium motor
1 x motion sensor
1 x tilt sensor
- Build on children's learning at home, developing the use of Lego into the curriculum Develop creativity and problem solving while working with a partner.
- Everything you need is provided in the kit, without having to find all the separate components in the Science and D&T trays!
- Easy storage to ensure everything is there next time you need to use it!