Language for Thinking: Colour Edition (2016) by Stephen Parsons & Anna Branagan
This photocopiable resource provides a clear structure to assist teachers, SENCOs, learning support assistants and speech language therapists in developing children’s language from the concrete to the abstract. It is based on fifty picture and verbal scenarios that can be used flexibly with a wide range of ages and abilities.
- Quick, practical and easy to use in the classroom, this programme can be used with individual children, in small groups or can form the basis of a literacy lesson or speech language therapy session.
- Question sheets are carefully structured to promote children’s development of inference, verbal reasoning and thinking skills.
- The three parallel assessments of spoken and written language can be used to assess each child’s starting level and then to monitor progress; score forms and worksheets for each lesson are included.
The book is particularly useful for children who are recognised as having delayed language skills, specific language impairment, Autism Spectrum Disorder (including Asperger’s Syndrome), pragmatic language impairment or moderate learning difficulties.
Language for Thinking is now in full colour throughout and has been updated with a simplified introduction. All illustrations and worksheets will now be available online.
- Full colour throughout
- New and revised illustrations
- Simplified introduction
- Online resources – illustrations and worksheets
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Stephen Parsons is currently working in London as Speech Language Therapy Team Manager at City and Hackney Teaching PCT. He graduated from Flinders University in Australia and has since worked in Australia as well as the UK. He has extensive experience of working in language resources bases, mainstream schools and special schools.
Anna Branagan is Clinical Lead Specialist Speech and Language Therapist at City and Hackney Teaching PCT. She has experience of mainstream schools, language resource bases and Sure Start.
[Extent: A4 Spiral-Bound – 224 Pages]
[Author: Stephen Parsons & Anna Branagan]
[Age Suitability: 4+]