There will be a huge range of emotions experienced by the children in your school today, all of which will have an impact on their mental well-being and the quality of teaching and learning. Some of these children will become locked in emotional difficulties or find themselves in challenging circumstances. This book aims to help you support all children with their emotions, whether they are everyday feelings or ones that become more entrenched. This book includes sections that will help you to:
• understand why it is important to help children with their feelings
• be ready and able to help children with their feelings
• support children as they experience the four main emotions of sadness, anger, fear and happiness
• guide children through situations that are emotionally challenging
• find out where you can get further support and guidance.
This practical book will provide you with advice, strategies and activities to help children manage their emotions on a daily basis, not just when life gets hard. Equipping children in this way will enable them to cope better when the difficult times of modern life come along. By this, you will not only make their time in school more enjoyable and improve the quality of your teaching, but you will be nurturing the resilient adults of the future.
Contains 64 A4 pages.
Learning Objectives :
Support And Practical Advice
Age Range :