Complete Performance Pack Including:
- Piano/vocal score
- Pull-out script with expandable cast list, staging suggestions and costume ideas
- Rehearsal performances of all songs
- Performance backing tracks for all songs
- Orchestral extracts to accompany action and dance
- Printable files of complimentary activities, eg literacy and drama activities, and supporting materials for teachers
- Lyric sheets
- Age range: 7-13 years
Roald Dahl’s Cinderella is the final instalment in A&C Black’s successful Roald Dahl series of musicals for schools. It joins Snow-White and the Seven Dwarfs, Jack and the Beanstalk, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Little Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs in a glittering line-up of wickedly funny productions which children and audiences just love.
Cindy defies her Ugly Sisters, meets a magic fairy and lands a dance with the prince at the palace ball. So far so good! But far from being the perfect gentleman, the prince turns out to a perfect beast and chops off the heads of Cindy’s meddling sisters … The magic fairy grants Cindy one more wish but what will she do to escape her sticky predicament?
As with every one of these great Roald Dahl musicals, Cinderella is based on an orchestral commission by the Roald Dahl Foundation. The concert work, from which the schools’ musical is derived is by Vladimir Tarnopolski, and schools can use the extracts provided from the orchestral work to enhance their performances.
Duration of performance: Approx. 25-30 minutes