A set of 25 polished translucent acrylic blocks with a plane mirror, work cards and teacher’s notes included. The smooth colourful tactile blocks are designed to enable children to build patterns and sequences as well as create imaginative pictures:
– Regular polygons to help with mathematical language and the understanding of shapes and forms (square, triangle, oblong, circle, ellipse)
– Irregular shapes to enable more complex pictures to be made and to encourage a rich diversity of language such as wave, zigzag, arch, bridge etc
– Plane mirror for children to build patterns and see the effects of reflective symmetry
– Coloured and clear blocks so children can see the world in a different hue, overlay them to mix new colour combinations and use them on a light panel
– 15 pupil work cards from simple ideas to more complex challenges. There are pictures to copy in 2D or 3D, shape sequences to solve and ideas for reflective symmetry work.
– Teacher’s guide including background information, suggested activities to try, questions to ask the children and extension ideas.
The Acrylic Block Set comes in a robust card box with key guide for the easy return of pieces and foam inserts to protect and store the blocks safely.
Supports the following areas of learning:
• Understanding the World – colour
• Physical Development – motor skills
• Maths – shape & space
• Personal Development – collaborative play
• Communication & Language – descriptive language
Set includes 25 blocks, 15 A4 work cards, 1 acrylic plane mirror and teachers’ guide. Mirror: 160 x 320mm. Largest block height: 80mm. Age 3+