The new-style inside cover notes provide advice and support to help adults read and explore the story with the child, supporting their decoding and language comprehension development.
Each pack of 6 includes a Group/Guided Reading Notes Booklet with a Vocabulary Chart listing high frequency tricky words and a Curriculum Coverage Chart for England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. Each story has individual notes and suggested activities for Group and Independent Reading, Speaking, listening and drama and Writing, with each section showing the relevant objectives covered. Decoding and Language Comprehension opportunities are highlighted throughout.
- Well-loved, familiar characters that children can identify with
- Written by Roderick Hunt and illustrated by Alex Brychta
- Familiar experiences and settings with storylines full of humour and drama to engage and motivate the reader
- Clear labelling of ORT stages and Book bands supports different children’s reading needs and easy classroom management
- Parental support, from inside cover advice to dedicated website with online advice, tips and activities www.oxfordowl.co.uk
- Helpful and flexible teaching support for all titles, perfect for group/guided and independent reading
Format Paperback | 16 pages
Dimensions 173 x 195 x 14mm | 258g
Publication date 06 Jan 2011
Publisher Oxford University Press