Just Cursive Handwriting Progamme
Why Teach Cursive Handwriting from Infants?
Cursive has six primary advantages over manuscript:
- It is less fine-motor skill intensive.
- All the lowercase letters begin in the same place on the baseline.
- Spacing within and between words is controlled.
- By lifting the pencil between words, the beginning and ending of words is emphasised.
- It is difficult to reverse letters such as b’s and d’s.
- The muscle memory that is mastered first will last a lifetime.
Teaching fully cursive handwriting from Infant level will enable children to write fluently, quickly and clearly.
This Just Cursive Handwriting scheme provides a carefully designed and sequenced programme to enable the introduction of a cursive style of handwriting from the beginning of schooling. This adheres to the principles of the new Primary Language Curriculum.