What is Jolly Phonics?
Letter Sound Order
How does Jolly Phonics work?
The five skills taught in Jolly Phonics
Learning the letter sounds
Children are taught the 42 main letter sounds. This includes alphabet sounds as well as digraphs such as sh, th, ai and ue.
- Learning letter formation
- Using different multi-sensory methods, children learn how to form and write the letters.
- Children are taught how to blend the sounds together to read and write new words.
- Identifying the sounds in words
- Listening for the sounds in words gives children the best start for improving spelling.
- Tricky words
- Tricky words have irregular spellings and children learn these separately.
Showing 1 to 15 of 84 (6 Pages)