- Your shopping cart is empty!
Facilitator: Cecilie Mackinnon
Numicon is a multi-sensory approach, built on a proven pedagogy that raises achievement across all mathematics ability levels. With problem-solving, reasoning and conversation at its heart, Numicon ensures every child can enjoy success in mathematics.
• Develops fluency by using a visual, practical base to develop conceptual understanding and fluent recall.
• Helps children to reason mathematically through the use of concrete objects
and spoken language to explain and justify.
This workshop will focus on the application of the Numicon Programme both in a mainstream and resource setting and is suitable for any classroom within a Primary school.
Cecilie Mackinnon has more than 30 years experience teaching and supporting teachers and support staff working with children in a maintream and special schools..
Cecilie leads a team of highly skilled professionals who provide outstanding quality training for teachers, support staff and other educational professionals working with individuals with Down syndrome, in mainstream and special schools and colleges throughout the UK and Ireland.
- 11am Tea/Coffee and a light lunch of Soup & Sandwiches.
- Complimentary set of Numicon Shapes
- Detailed course handouts
- Notepad & pen
Please Select your Venue